In part two of the Voodoo Doll character rigging tutorial, Shaun Keenan will demonstrate how to create the blendshapes needed for animation along with creating a facial GUI system for driving the character's facial animations, making the rig ready for animation.
In this tutorial you'll learn how to create a complete character rig for a voodoo doll character in Maya using the Setup Machine and Face Machine plugins from Anzovin studios. You'll learn how these plugins can save you valuable time during rigging by allowing you to utilize pre-built body and face rigs which can then be customized to fit you and your character's specific needs. You'll also learn how to paint and fine tune weights and pin objects to your mesh using the free LkPinMesh script from Creative Crash.
Additional Files/ Plugins:
Note: click the 'Monitor' icon to view tutorial in full-screen HD.
- Building A Complete Human Character Rig In Maya – Tuts+ Premium
- Reverse Foot Lock & IK/FK Switch In Maya
- Effectively use Constraints to Rig Non-Spherical Eyes in Maya
- Rigging a Cartoon Bottle using Maya
- Rigging And Steering A Simple Car In Cinema 4D R12
- Build an Advanced Drifting Car Rig in 3ds Max
Envato Tuts+ tutorials are translated into other languages by our community members—you can be involved too!Translate this post