Today Chandan Kumar is back with another handy quick tip, where he'll introduce you to the "Deformed Edges" script for 3D Studio Max. This completely free script created by Branko Živković, does exactly what it's name implies, it allows you to deform the contour edges of any editable poly object without needing to add subdivision or sculpt the mesh. It will even select the correct edges for you in a single click, making the process extremely fast. And because the script offers real time feedback, it's even easier to dial in the specific look your after.
Additional Files/ Plugins:
- Download the Deformed Edges Script. (free from ScriptSpot)
- Quick Tip: Stretchable Bones in 3ds Max using the Stretchy Chain Connect Script
- Quick Tip: Extended Timeline Script for 3D Studio Max
- Quick Tip: Creating Vases, Pots and Crockery In 3D Studio Max with the Free “Vase” Script
- Quick Tip: Triangulated Mesh into Quads in 3d Studio Max Using ‘Quadrangulate
Use the link below to download this tutorial for offline viewing.
We’ve published a few related tutorials you might also be interested in:
Subscribe below and we’ll send you a weekly email summary of all new 3D & Motion Graphics tutorials. Never miss out on learning about the next big thing.Update me weekly
Envato Tuts+ tutorials are translated into other languages by our community members—you can be involved too!Translate this post