In the third and final part of Shaun Keenan's massive multi-character rigging series for Maya, you'll continue adding additional features and functionality to Bender's rig. Lessons include setting up color switching, adding additional assets to the rig and Bender's body, and last but not least, creating the final switch controller. Shaun will also give you a full demonstration of his ghost rig setup to finish the series off.
In this tutorial series from Shaun Keenan of MZP Studios, you'll learn how to create an advanced multi-character rig for Futurama's Bender. Shaun will show you how to create a truly versatile and production friendly rig in Maya capable of a staggering set of options and a huge amount of control. Built inside this rig are various options for not only Bender's wide range of movements, but options to change between various levels of mesh detail and materials on the fly, providing a wide assortment of helpful and innovative tools for animators to do their job right!
Additional Files/ Plugins:
- Download the Project Files for this tutorial
- Download the Maya Scripts for this tutorial
- Rigging A Voodoo Doll Character In Maya Using Setup Machine & Face Machine
- Effectively use Constraints to Rig Non-Spherical Eyes in Maya
- Building A Complete Human Character Rig In Maya – Tuts+ Premium
- Complete Human Character Rig In 3D Studio Max – Tuts+ Premium
- Building a Complete Human Facial Rig In 3D Studio Max – Tuts+ Premium
Video 3-1: Color Switch Setup
Video 3-2: Adding Assets
Video 3-3: Bender's Body Assets
Video 3-4: Final Switch Controller 2.0
Bonus: Ghost Rig Demonstration
Use the links below to download this tutorial for offline viewing.
We’ve published a few related tutorials you might also be interested in:
Envato Tuts+ tutorials are translated into other languages by our community members—you can be involved too!Translate this post