This tutorial demonstrates techniques, using different programs, to create one final animation.
The project is divided into two parts which illustrate the following:
Tutorial 1: Cinema 4d Techniques
- import vector art
- extrude vector paths
- apply deformers to simulate a sticker peel
- draw spline elements
- distort a shape along a path
- adjust animation curves
- apply object buffers to objects
- light a scene with "The Illuminati"
- create custom luma mattes using selections
- export an animation with nulls to After Effects
Tutorial 2: After Effects Techniques
- selectively colorize using luma mattes
- use Adobe Color to assign colors
- combine luma mattes to make a new matte
- remove the fringe associated with C4D luma mattes
- use nulls generated in C4D to integrate graphics in AE
Freelance - Southern Oregon
I am a self taught freelance motion graphics designer. I continuously push myself to learn new techniques and styles to keep me mentally active and bring new life to my work. I have learned a lot from the online community and I look forward to being able to give back.
Weekly email summarySubscribe below and we’ll send you a weekly email summary of all new 3D & Motion Graphics tutorials. Never miss out on learning about the next big thing.