Today we're continuing the CAT 797 series by Sasa Posloncec where you'll learn how to model the ridiculously huge Caterpillar 797B mining dump truck. Spanning three parts this series will give you an in-depth look at what it takes to create a fully realized vehicle model in 3D Studio Max using blueprints and photo reference. As Sasa walks you through the creation of each part, you'll learn how to work with Max's Edit Poly modifier, spline tools and much more!
The third and final part in the series covers refining and adding additional details to the model. Complete the project after the jump!
Additional Files/ Plugins:
Note: click the 'Monitor' icon to view tutorial in full-screen HD.
- Quick Tip: Create And Set Up Blueprints In 3D Studio Max Using Photoshop
- ‘Mini Semi Truck’ Modeling Series
- Creating a Next-Gen Video Game Hot Rod: The Complete Workflow
- Modelling the Audi R8 in 3Ds Max (Tuts+ Premium Tutorial)
- ‘The Civil War Cannon’ (Tuts+ Premium Tutorial)