Today we're kicking off an awesome new tutorial series by Sasa Posloncec where you'll learn how to model the ridiculously huge Caterpillar 797B mining dump truck. Spanning three parts this series will give you an in-depth look at what it takes to create a fully realized vehicle model in 3D Studio Max using blueprints and photo reference. As Sasa walks you through the creation of each part, you'll learn how to work with Max's Edit Poly modifier, spline tools and much more!
The first part in the series will cover creating the trucks detailed tires and rims, as well as the cabin, engine cover, front bumper, splashboard and bridge. Get started after the jump!
Additional Files/ Plugins:
Note: click the 'Monitor' icon to view tutorial in full-screen HD.
- Quick Tip: Create And Set Up Blueprints In 3D Studio Max Using Photoshop
- ‘Mini Semi Truck’ Modeling Series
- Creating a Next-Gen Video Game Hot Rod: The Complete Workflow
- Modelling the Audi R8 in 3Ds Max (Tuts+ Premium Tutorial)
- ‘The Civil War Cannon’ (Tuts+ Premium Tutorial)
Subscribe below and we’ll send you a weekly email summary of all new 3D & Motion Graphics tutorials. Never miss out on learning about the next big thing.Update me weekly
Envato Tuts+ tutorials are translated into other languages by our community members—you can be involved too!Translate this post