To go along with our Man of Steel and Style Design Challenge, Nancy showcases one of the submissions that does a good job of illustrating the use of ShapeShifter AE and Elementary working together. Kevin Schires, creator of Elementary shows us how easy it is to have 3D plug-ins cast shadows and create reflections on After Effects layers. He also shows us how to use Colorama to pull a matte.
There are some project files to help you get started. You can also download a fully functional trial version of ShapeShifter AE here. Create your own version of the classic Superman logo and submit it below. If you’re one of the top submissions, you may win one of the many prizes listed below.
as well as reflection maps
- Artbeats – $500 of clips
- Mettle – 1 of everything we offer
- Rowbyte – 2 licenses of Plexus
- Mamoworld – grab bag of products including iExpressions
- Rampant Design – choice any 2 of their products
- Kevin Shires – 2 Elementary Pro licenses
- Maltaannon – 2 licenses of Cuber
- Red Giant Software – 1 license of Trapcode Particular and Magic Bullet Looks
- Envato – 3 months Tuts+ Premium membership
- You must Download a fully functioning license of ShapeShifter AE to use in your design.
- You can also download one of the project file templates, but it’s not required.
- Submit your video/project file by Nov. 10th by midnight EST.
- Winner will be based on: Originality, Creativity and Presentation Quality
- Top Submissions will be given 1st choice from the prize pool.
- Have a good time and make something cool!
Envato Tuts+ tutorials are translated into other languages by our community members—you can be involved too!Translate this post