Andrew Devis has 2 more tutorials, this time on some AE camera basics:
"Cameras are notoriously difficult to get to grips with in After Effects. In this tutorial, Andrew Devis explains some of the behaviors and problems that are common to camera animation and then shows how ... to create a simple camera rig, and why it is important to get the order of the layers correct to achieve predictable results."
Here's a few more resources on the AE camera:
- AE Camera Basics links to tutorials from Chris & Trish Meyer, Motionworks, Aaharon Rabinowitz and others.
- Camera and 3D view improvements in After Effects CS5
- Rotate AE camera around point of interest
- Sure Target 2 from Video Copilot is a free AE plug-in (with tutorial) that offers advanced control over the After Effects camera. An older version, Sure Target 1.5 comes as a preset that works with the VC 3D Falloff preset.
- Pixel-Perfect Camera Move Transitions from Greyscale Gorilla
- Simple Camera Rig tutorial and script from Maltaannon
- Simple Camera Rig Script and tutorial free from Hypoly
- Pro Training for the After Effects Camera is a video training set by Rob Birnholz sold at Toolfarm.
- There's a good number of handy scripts at AE Scripts that make working with 3D and the AE camera easier.
There's much more in the AE Help page Adjust a 3D view or move a camera, light, or point of interest and in many AE Portal posts tagged AE camera.
Here's a sample from the Birnholz training: