Here is a sneak peek and introduction to an excellent tutorial series on Character Animation in After Effects by David Legion. We'll be posting a new part each week, so stay tuned.
- Part 1: Building a Displacement Map for the character's face.
- Part 2: Rigging the face using Puppet pins, nulls, and expressions.
- Part 3: Create control expressions using custom sliders.
- Part 4: Automated lip syncing using MamoWorld's Auto Lip Sync.
- Part 5: Create a working jaw with simple shapes.
- Part 6: Create a swinging head of hair for you puppet using simple code.
- Part 7: Create controllers for the heads and eyes.
- Part 8: Switching out language tracks but retaining your lip sync.
- Part 9: Using Cinema 4D to create a basis for your displacement map.
Nancy is a motion graphics professional with over 20 years experience in the business. A graduate of both McGill University (Montreal) and Pratt Institute (New York),. She started off her career as a graphic designer, but has continually enjoyed learning new software applications. She began using After Effects when it was still called CoSa After Effects, and is an enthusiastic user. A partner at Mettle, she has been involved in the development of the Next Gen Software Plug-ins: FreeForm V2, ShapeShifter AE, and FreeForm Pro.
Weekly email summarySubscribe below and we’ll send you a weekly email summary of all new 3D & Motion Graphics tutorials. Never miss out on learning about the next big thing.