Andrew Kramer released his "Tron-Pilot" After Effects CS4 project file and a short video walk-through which describes creating the faux 3D text in AE (adding the Vegas filter) and building a few expressions. The project was previewed in December.
There's some other tutorials to mimic the TRON look, and some background on the VFX of TRON: Legacy from Fxguide (on face replacement effects) and in numerous "Making of" videos like those posted by Digital Domain. Here's a few more tutorials for After Effects, veering off with a few on neon:
- Tron Titles Part 1 ( Cinema 4D) and Part 2 (AE) by Antonio Cerri, part of Aetuts+ Hollywood Movie Titles Series
- Nick Khoo posted Tron Legacy style titles in After Effects in 2 parts (1, 2) and a Tron font.
- Letrindle posted TRON Grid Tutorial in 3 parts on Youtube
- Neal Barenblat posted Neon Text Graphic - After Effects at Vimeo
- Motion Graphics Exchange has an expression from AEnhancers that creates a flickering effect similar to a flickering neon light.
- Simulate A Glowing Neon Light Sign Of Your Logo by Juan Carlos Navarro on AEtuts+
But what if Saul Bass had done the titles for TRON?