This demonstration is about shooting a translucent object, in this case a crystal illuminated by a match, and compositing that object with stock footage of dramatic fire.
In Part 2, we'll be simulating similar lighting effects in After Effects to reveal a logo.
William is a motion designer, filmmaker, and author. You can follow him on Twitter. His work has appeared in feature films, shorts, television spots, and music videos. He directed the short film The House That Jack Built, an award-winning fairy tale romance. He is also the author of Fire on the Mound, a fantasy podcast novel.more…
- Design & Illustration10 Things You Need to Know About Smart Objects in PhotoshopDifficulty:BeginnerCompletion Time:Medium
- Computer SkillsHow to Control PowerPoint Animation with the Animation PaneDifficulty:IntermediateCompletion Time:Medium
- Design & IllustrationCreate a Near Realistic Shield and Sword in Adobe IllustratorDifficulty:IntermediateCompletion Time:Long
- 3D & Motion GraphicsRigging and Animating a 3D EyeDifficulty:IntermediateCompletion Time:MediumIn this tutorial, we will learn how to create a stylized, animated eye that moves and blinks using only tools found in After Effects CC. These tools and effects include CC Sphere, CC Split 2, Mesh Warp and Time Remapping. We will also set up some light animation "rigging" using expressions and null objects. This is an "eye-opening" tutorial for those looking to animate beyond the basic functionality of AE.Read More…
- Design & IllustrationCreate a Floral St. Valentine's Postcard in Adobe IllustratorDifficulty:IntermediateCompletion Time:Long
- Design & IllustrationCreate an Animated, Glittering, Valentine's Day Text EffectDifficulty:IntermediateCompletion Time:LongSmart objects are powerful layers in Photoshop that allow you to make non-destructive edits. In this tutorial, we will use smart objects to help build a custom text effect as well as a complex, animated texture. By working with smart objects, we will be able to quickly update our scene simply by editing the smart objects. Let's get started!Read More…