You can find EKGs made with After Effects everywhere. The good thing about this one is that it just uses shape layers and mattes to create a realistic effect.
This tutorial will teach you how to create the basic shape of the line and how to make it appear over the screen.
Adapting what you learn here, you can move on to create the whole piece, such as this complete EKG for sale at VideoHive.
File size 100MB
Additional Aetuts+ Resources
- Design & IllustrationCreate a Fun Kaleidoscope Effect in Adobe IllustratorDifficulty:IntermediateCompletion Time:Short
- Design & Illustration25 Amazing Blend Tutorials in Adobe Illustrator on Tuts+
- Design & IllustrationCreate a Seamless, Circular, Geometric Background Pattern in PhotoshopDifficulty:BeginnerCompletion Time:QuickSeamless backgrounds can be used in just about any type of project. You will commonly see them used in fashion design, print design, web design, and even architectural design. I've always enjoyed creating seamless backgrounds, and in this tutorial, I will show you how to create a really interesting circular, geometric background pattern using Photoshop's vector tools. Let's get started!Read More…
- 3D & Motion GraphicsWorking with Mesh Fusion in ModoDifficulty:BeginnerCompletion Time:Medium
- Design & Illustration26 Awesome Brush Tutorials for Adobe Illustrator on Tuts+The brushes in Adobe Illustrator are incredible tools that allow you to create and do a multitude of things. This week we've focused purely on beginner content for those who wish to get a better understanding on brushes. These aren't the only tutorials we have on Tuts+, in fact I'd like to share with you many of our others.Read More…
- Design & Illustration22 Fun Gradient Mesh Tutorials in Adobe Illustrator for BeginnersGradient Mesh is often seen as a tough area to master in Adobe Illustrator. This week we've focused purely on beginner content for those who wish to get into meshing but want to know the basics. These aren't the only tutorials we have on Tuts+, in fact I'd like to share with you many of our others.Read More…