This Cyber Monday Tuts+ courses will be reduced to just $3 (usually $15). Don't miss out.
In this two part series, professional character artist and rigger Shaun Keenan will walk you through the process of creating a 'toon' style bunny inspired by Little Big Planet's Sackboy. Starting out in ZBrush, you'll learn how to add detail to the bunny basemesh to give it that sewn together, beanbag look using various brushes and sculpting techniques. From there it's into Maya to create the additional details and UV Map the model using the free program Roadkill. Finally, Shaun will cover creating the bunny's textures and materials using V-Ray and Photoshop, before tackling rigging in part 2.
Additional Files/ Plugins:
- Download the Bunny Base Mesh
- Download the Maya Scripts for this tutorial
- Creating an Advanced Multi-Character Rig for Futurama’s Bender in Maya
- Rigging A Voodoo Doll Character In Maya Using Setup Machine & Face Machine
- Building A Complete Human Character Rig In Maya – Tuts+ Premium
- Complete Human Character Rig In 3D Studio Max – Tuts+ Premium
- Building a Complete Human Facial Rig In 3D Studio Max – Tuts+ Premium
Part 1: Video 1 - ZBrush Construction of the Model's Base
Part 1: Video 2 - UvMapping the Bunny
Part 1: Video 3 - Modeling the Last Bit of Geometry
Part 1: Video 4 - Texturing
We’ve published a few related tutorials you might also be interested in: