Get a free year on Tuts+ this month when you purchase a Siteground hosting plan from $3.95/mo
In today’s tutorial you’ll learn how to rig a stock fish model using a basic bone setup and just how easily it can be animated using the awesome free "Spring Magic" script. From there it's onto creating a school of fish using Particle flow, offsetting the animations, lighting and finally rendering out the animation in preparation for final compositing and color correction into live action footage with the help of After Effects.
Additional Files/ Plugins:
- Download the Video Background Footage
- Download the Fish Model (Free)
- Download the Spring Magic Script (Free)
Use the link below to download this tutorial for offline viewing.
We’ve published a few related tutorials you might also be interested in:
- QT: How To Convert a Triangulated Mesh into Quads in 3d Studio Max Using ‘Quadrangulate’
- Create A Snake Animation Using Spring Magic In 3D Studio Max
- VFX Integration: Compositing a Boat Explosion with 3D Studio Max, FumeFX & After Effects
- Create A Flock Of Birds Animation In 3D Studio Max
- Compositing A VFX Shot in 3D Studio Max & After Effects
- Creating A Nuclear Explosion In 3ds Max And After Effects