Creating atmospheres within a 3d app can be tricky and there are often times when you just need a quick turn around without having to worry about render time. Today we're gonna look at how to create realistic looking fog without the use of ANY 3rd party plug-ins. Enjoy!
Want access to the full AE project files and assets for every tutorial on Aetuts+, including this one? Join Ae Premium for just $19/month. You can view the final effect preview video below.
File size 36.5MB
- Computer SkillsHow to Edit a PDF for Free AnywhereDifficulty:BeginnerCompletion Time:Long
- 3D & Motion Graphics3D Cube Spin Logo RevealDifficulty:AdvancedCompletion Time:Long
- 3D & Motion GraphicsRigging and Animating a 3D EyeDifficulty:IntermediateCompletion Time:MediumIn this tutorial, we will learn how to create a stylized, animated eye that moves and blinks using only tools found in After Effects CC. These tools and effects include CC Sphere, CC Split 2, Mesh Warp and Time Remapping. We will also set up some light animation "rigging" using expressions and null objects. This is an "eye-opening" tutorial for those looking to animate beyond the basic functionality of AE.Read More…
- Computer SkillsHow to Set Up and Use Password Protected Vaults on a MacDifficulty:IntermediateCompletion Time:QuickEveryone has some files that they don't want other people to see. They may be important business documents, tax returns, health information or anything else someone would want kept secret. While it's all well and good to have a password on your Mac, if someone gets past that password (and there are ways), or comes across your Mac while it is logged in, they have access to all your files. For that reason, it is worth having a second line of defence; by having your most important files locked away securely except when they are actively in use, you can keep them as safe as possible. In this tutorial I will show you three methods for doing so; making your own solution with Apple's Disc Utility, using the open source TrueCrypt and using AgileBits' Knox.Read More…
- Computer SkillsAlfred Workflows for IntermediatesDifficulty:IntermediateCompletion Time:Medium
- 3D & Motion GraphicsTuts+ Hollywood Movie Titles Series: Need for SpeedDifficulty:IntermediateCompletion Time:QuickIn this tutorial, we're going to be looking at the animation style of the movie "Need for Speed". We will make this engaging title style using only After Effects. I will show you an interesting light system technique for the creation of this fascinating ambient scene, together with the fire dust particles, and lens flare. So let's jump in!Read More…