Of all the tutorial requests we get here on the site, people constantly ask for QuickTips on actually gathering content that they can use for After Effects. We're going to start posting a few little helpers that should benefit your projects before you even sit down at the editing suite.
- Core Training Value: You'll learn how to create a basic interview lighting set up for under 100$.
- Difficulty: Beginner
File size 54.2MB
- 3D & Motion GraphicsGlobal Illumination vs Photometric Lighting in MayaDifficulty:IntermediateCompletion Time:MediumWhen working with Mental-Ray, many times we would use final gather almost exclusively. In this tutorial I would like to explore two less commonly used methods of illuminating our scenes, Global Illumination and photometric lighting.Throughout this tutorial we will explore these two methods, and compare their positive versus negative virtues.Read More…
- 3D & Motion GraphicsQuick Tip – Add Lux To Your Lights (Without Lux)Difficulty:IntermediateCompletion Time:Quick
- Design & IllustrationQuick Tip: The New Pattern Tools in Illustrator CS6Difficulty:BeginnerCompletion Time:Medium
- 3D & Motion GraphicsDIY – Create An Overhead Lighting RigDifficulty:IntermediateCompletion Time:QuickThe first DIY created by the guys over at Pixel Mobb went over so well that we asked them to create some more helpful DIY QuickTips for us. Seeing a light stand in the shot is the leading cause of premature insanity amongst video editors... ok, I made that up, but do everybody a favor and watch this to keep it from coming true!Read More…
- 3D & Motion GraphicsQuick Tip – How To Get Better Control Without “Particular” EmittersDifficulty:IntermediateWe're going to be implementing something new here in 2010 called Quick Tips. We often get tutorials pitches from users and they are good ideas, but not quite enough to fill a whole tutorial. These Quick Tip posts will allow us to gather and pass along more content from those who may only have a little something to share. It will also be perfect for any viewers who don't have time to sit and watch a full tutorial. [republished]January 2010[/republished]Read More…
- 3D & Motion GraphicsQuick Tip: Removing Blender Cycles Artifacts In AE Difficulty:BeginnerCompletion Time:ShortIn this Quicktip you'll learn how to quickly and effectively remove black pixel artifacts that are often left behind by Blender's real time Cycles render engine. Frederick will show us a quick and simple technique to clean these up using Adobe After Effects. This useful solution works on both still renders and animations as well.Read More…