This is a really nice method to quickly cut an alpha hole into your CG scene so you can then easily composite any image into the alpha area. This technique can be used in many different situations, and I have personally used it in TV commercials and many of my personal projects for fun. Hopefully you will find this trick useful too!
Final Effect Preview
Note: click the 'Monitor' icon to view tutorial in full-screen HD.
- Computer SkillsWriting Destinations for DropzoneDifficulty:AdvancedCompletion Time:ShortDropzone is not just another FTP upload client, but a great utilities platform for processing files and text. Dropzone is a collection of destinations that can have two types of actions: drag and drop action and/or a click action. There are a lot of pre-programmed destinations to use, but you can also write your own destinations in Ruby!Read More…
- 3D & Motion GraphicsCreate an Atmospheric Snow Shot in Nuke and MayaDifficulty:AdvancedCompletion Time:Long
- Computer SkillsThe Awesomeness of iCloud
- CodeUsing CreateJS - EaselJSDifficulty:BeginnerCompletion Time:Quick
- 3D & Motion GraphicsThe Making Of "Lost"This theory based tutorial is intended for beginners who are making the switch from creating and building assets, to creating whole scenes or environments. I’ll take you through the processes and techniques I use, and show you the challenges and mistakes I've faced when making larger sets.Read More…
- BusinessHow To Pace Your Sales Presentation