In this Quick Tip tutorial you'll get a look at something I get asked about a lot - how to add decals/graphics to your materials in Maxwell Render. We'll be covering two different ways of adding them to your material utilising weight-map textures within the layer groups themselves.
Additional Files/ Plugins:
Note: click the 'Monitor' icon to view tutorial in full-screen HD.
Matt is currently working as a freelance 3D designer in the UK, trying his hand at VFX work in his free-time. He loves learning new things, finding inspiring graphics, and dreaming up impossible fx shots.more…
- 3D & Motion GraphicsCreate a Dynamic Valentine's Day Animation in Cinema 4DDifficulty:IntermediateCompletion Time:MediumIn this tutorial we are going to create a cool looking 3D animation for Valentine's day. Starting off in illustrator, we will quickly create a heart shape and then jump into Cinema 4D to setup the animation using some dynamic simulations, add materials to the scene, render the animation and export it. Finally we will move into After Effects to composite the piece, and make it look sexy and finished by adding motion blur, particles, flares and color correction.Read More…
- PhotographyHow to Shoot Your Own Lens FlaresDifficulty:IntermediateCompletion Time:Short
- 3D & Motion GraphicsCreate a Dynamic Catapult Animation in Cinema 4D: Part 2Difficulty:IntermediateCompletion Time:Medium
- 3D & Motion GraphicsOptimizing Models to Use in Element 3DDifficulty:IntermediateCompletion Time:Short
- 3D & Motion GraphicsCreate a Cool Disco-Themed Animated Intro: Part 3Difficulty:IntermediateCompletion Time:Long
- 3D & Motion GraphicsProfessionally Presenting Models: How to Achieve Great Shaded RendersDifficulty:IntermediateCompletion Time:MediumAs a modeler, you'll often need to present your 3D models or sculpts to potential clients or employers, or simply showcase your best work in your portfolio. Knowing how to display a model is as important as the model itself. Many times a great model goes unnoticed or unappreciated simply because of a poor render.Read More…