Luxology has built some extremely powerful UI customization tools into Modo, and in this Quick Tip I will use these tools to first record a macro, and then add it into the existing UI. Although this barely scratches the surface of what is possible with the system, it'll hopefully start you thinking about just what is possible.
Note: click the 'Monitor' icon to view tutorial in full-screen HD.
Matt is currently working as a freelance 3D designer in the UK, trying his hand at VFX work in his free-time. He loves learning new things, finding inspiring graphics, and dreaming up impossible fx shots.more…
- Web DesignFive Useful Things You Can Do With Adobe Reflow Right Now
- CodeCreating Brackets ExtensionsDifficulty:IntermediateCompletion Time:ShortA little while ago I wrote about the recent updates to the Brackets editor. Brackets is an open source project focused on web standards and built with web technologies. It has a narrow focus and therefore may not have a particular feature you've come to depend upon. Luckily, Brackets ships with a powerful extension API that lets you add any number of new features. In this article, I'm going to discuss this API and demonstrate how you can build your own extensions.Read More…
- CodeAndroid First… Even When It's Second
- CodeBrowser Testing in the Cloud ReduxDifficulty:BeginnerCompletion Time:QuickI've written quite a bit about browser testing solutions trying to help identify techniques and tools that make cross-browser development easier. My last article on the subject covered how to use BrowserStack to test any number of browsers all from one central tool; your own browser. I was on a Windows PC back then so testing multiple browsers was a bit easier and testing tools were mainly complementary to my work. Now that I'm on OS X, the need for tools to round out my testing strategies is even more important, specifically because of the lack of Internet Explorer on the OS. I'm a bit of a stickler for what I install on my computers and I prefer online tools when available. I'm also always on the hunt for new tools that make cross-browser testing easier and decided to give CrossBrowserTesting.com a run. I'll go over some of the key features of the service and how to leverage it to improve your testing capabilities.Read More…
- Web DesignWeb Design 2014: What to Watch Out For
- CodeAndroid SDK: User Interface DesignDifficulty:BeginnerCompletion Time:Medium