In this advanced level tutorial series on creating next-gen game art assets, you will get an inside look at another artist's workflow and learn many useful tricks and techniques that may help you to push your art even further. In this first part of the series we will be creating the high poly model based on some clean and deatailed concept art as reference.
Additional Files/ Plugins:
- Download the Reference Materials for this tutorial
Note: click the 'Monitor' icon to view tutorial in full-screen HD.
Hello, I am Racer445, a self taught hard surface and weapon artist from the east coast of the United States. I have been working with computer graphics programs since 2006 and have been working on a career in the field since mid 2008. I am dedicated to my profession and am experienced with 3D Studio Max, Photoshop, and Mudbox.more…
- 3D & Motion GraphicsModel the Corsair 600T PC Case in Maya: Part 3Difficulty:IntermediateCompletion Time:Medium
- 3D & Motion GraphicsWorking with Mesh Fusion in ModoDifficulty:BeginnerCompletion Time:Medium
- 3D & Motion GraphicsModel the Corsair 600T PC Case in Maya: Part 1Difficulty:IntermediateCompletion Time:Long
- Design & IllustrationInterview With Eric Dima-alaRecently, I had the chance to talk with Eric Dima-ala, a matte painter, digital artist, and Tuts+ author from the Philippines. Eric has worked on some exciting projects including Ender's Game, Oblivion, Jack the Giant Slayer, Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol, Transformers: Dark of the Moon and Revenge of the Fallen, and many more. In our interview, we discussed many topics including how to land a job in the VFX industry, the skills you need to learn in order to work on major motion pictures, how to challenge yourself to produce better art, and much more! If you would like to learn how to create better matte paintings and photo manipulations, take a look at this excellent interview.Read More…
- 3D & Motion GraphicsMythical Character Creation in Modo: Part 1Difficulty:BeginnerCompletion Time:LongIn our first series for Modo with a focus on character creation, 3D artist Thomasz Lechociński will take you through the entire process of creating a detailed stylized character as you learn to model, UV Map, texture, pose and render Hern, the mythical forest god from Celtic legend.Read More…
- Game DevelopmentMake a Neon Vector Shooter for iOS: First StepsDifficulty:IntermediateCompletion Time:Medium