Ever wanted to create realistic snow in 3ds max without having to pay for an expensive third party plugin? Well you're in luck, Chandan Kumar is back with another exciting tutorial where he'll show you just how easy it can be to create believable snow using only Max's proprietary toolset!
Note: Click the 'Box' icon to view the tutorial in full-screen HD.
Use the link below to download this tutorial for offline viewing.
- Procedural Snow In 3D Studio Max
- Quick Tip: How to Create Awesome Looking Imprints Using 3ds Max 2009 & Thinking Particles 3
My name is Chandan Kumar and I am a CG and VFX artist/trainer from India.more…
- 3D & Motion GraphicsDragon in a Snow Globe: Make it Snow!Difficulty:IntermediateCompletion Time:Quick
- 3D & Motion GraphicsCreate an Animated Holiday-themed BackgroundDifficulty:IntermediateCompletion Time:MediumIn this holiday-themed tutorial, you'll learn how to create a great looking animated winter background of falling snow. Starting in illustrator, you'll prepare the snowflake vector shapes and export them into Cinema 4D. Where you'll extrude and animate the snowflakes before rendering. From there it's into After Effects, where you'll harness the power of Particular to create falling snow and composite the elements together.Read More…
- 3D & Motion GraphicsCreate a Cool Disco-Themed Animated Intro: Part 3Difficulty:IntermediateCompletion Time:Long
- 3D & Motion GraphicsCreate a Cool Disco-Themed Animated Intro: Part 2Difficulty:IntermediateCompletion Time:Long
- 3D & Motion GraphicsCreate a Cool Disco-Themed Animated Intro: Part 1Difficulty:IntermediateCompletion Time:LongIn this new series from brothers Andrew and Stefan Surmabojov, you'll learn how to create an interesting and totally unique disco-themed animation. In the first three parts, you'll model the virtual set in 3D Studio Max with Andrew and then move into Cinema 4D in later lessons, where you'll utilize C4D's tight integration with After Effects to create textures and materials for the scene. Stefan will then guide you through the animation and texturing process in preparation for final compositing in After Effects.Read More…
- 3D & Motion GraphicsAdvanced Poly Modeling - Tassimo T-65 Home Brewing Station: Part 8Difficulty:AdvancedCompletion Time:LongIn this part of the series, we'll build the Tassimo's secondary water tank. Rather than modeling this from scratch, we'll re-purpose our already created outer water tank, and reshape it to fit our needs. You'll learn how to modify existing topology, copy and re-use polygons and create holes in various shapes. We'll also construct the system's water intake valve and adjust mesh proportionsRead More…