Using just a few video elements of torch flames, we composite a burning hand by using a series of null objects and expressions to drive a time lagged displacement effect to simulate fire burning from a moving source. We use the Puppet tool for the distortion and throw on some tracked lighting effects and a displacement map for the Heat. This principle can be used to add realistic, fluid motion to any tracked object.
- Design & IllustrationDesign a Moroccan-Themed Poster in Adobe InDesignDifficulty:BeginnerCompletion Time:Short
- 3D & Motion GraphicsCreate a Minigun Muzzle Flash in 3D Studio MaxDifficulty:IntermediateCompletion Time:MediumIn this tutorial you'll learn how to create a cool animated muzzle flash in 3D Studio Max. You'll start by creating a simple proxy model of a minigun, then move onto create the muzzle flash mesh using various modifiers to get a true 3D result. Although a minigun is the subject of this tutorial, the techniques shown can be applied to virtually any weapon.Read More…
- 3D & Motion GraphicsBuild Me Some Hope: Create A Displacement Map With Cinema 4D LiteDifficulty:AdvancedCompletion Time:QuickAs a follow up to a technique shown in Part 1 of this series, we will learn how to use Cinema 4D Lite that is bundled with After Effects CC to create the basis for a displacement map for use with Mettle's FreeForm. We'll also shows a technique to use Photoshop in conjunction with AE + FreeForm to interactively paint a texture map for the models head.Read More…
- 3D & Motion GraphicsBuild Me Some Hope: Displacement Maps For Use With FreeFormDifficulty:AdvancedCompletion Time:Short
- 3D & Motion GraphicsBuild Me Some Hope: Lip-Synced Character Animation Series Overview
- 3D & Motion GraphicsDesign a Triangular Time Displacement TransitionDifficulty:IntermediateCompletion Time:Short