Until recently this effect has been created in-camera using specialized lenses. In this tutorial, Richard Bird gives an overview of how the "Tilt-Shift Effect" can be quickly recreated in post-production without the use of 3rd party plug-ins by remapping the depth of field, use of simple color correction and altering the frame rate.
Every few weeks, we revisit some of our reader's favorite posts from throughout the history of the site. This tutorial was first published in September of 2009.
File size: 74 MB
Richard Bird has been creating and supervising visual effects in film and television for over twenty years, both on the set and in post-production. His work has taken him everywhere from the Australian Outback to the North Pole. He currently lives and works in London, England.more…
- CodeThe Beginner’s Guide to WordPress SEO by Yoast: On Page SEODifficulty:IntermediateIn the last tutorial of The Beginner's Guide to WordPress SEO by Yoast we did the final tweaking, after that comes the part of how to use the On Page SEO meta box when writing a post or a page in WordPress. Today we will explore this panel/meta box and will discuss the some generic factors which help in ranking your content well. Let's start with a deeper look towards elements of this post. Read More…
- PhotographyCreating an HDR Time Lapse with SNS-HDR ProDifficulty:AdvancedCompletion Time:Short
- Design & Illustration10 Totally Free and Amazing Christmas and Winter-Inspired TutorialsThe holidays are almost here! While many of you are making plans to spend the next few days with family and friends, we also know that many of you are also hard at work creating designs for the winter season. In this article, we will present a list of 10 of some of our favorite Christmas and winter-inspired tutorials. Let's take a look!Read More…
- 3D & Motion GraphicsBuild Me Some Hope: Lip-Synced Character Animation Series Overview
- Web DesignTumblr's Quote and Chat Post Types
- Web DesignIntroducing Markup for Tumblr's Photo Post Type