In this Basix tutorial we will discuss in an informal manner everything you need to know about the essential operators and workflow within Particle Flow. We will learn what each setting does inside the basic operators, and create a small mortar explosion, precisely controlled with various methods, as well as completely procedural.
Note: click the 'Monitor' icon to view tutorial in full-screen HD.
Evan Schaible is a fluids/particle artist and technical director from Los Angeles. Being currently unemployed, he is looking for full time staff work, as well as honing his own skills by doing freelance technical direction, visual effects, and occasionally even motion graphics and visualization. He runs a training website that can be found at: www.ParticleFlow.net, and his blog can be found at: www.evanschaible.com.more…
- Mac Computer SkillsSeries: OS X MavericksIt's been four months since the release of OS X 10.9 Mavericks, the latest version of Apple's Mac operating system. It is the first time that a version of OS X has been made available, to Mac owners, free of charge and it has been estimated that one-third of Macs had been updated to Mavericks within weeks of it being launched in late October 2013. That figure is, no doubt, much higher now.Read More…
- Web DesignCreating the Tumblr Post Footer and Notes
- Web DesignTumblr's Quote and Chat Post Types
- Web DesignIntroducing Markup for Tumblr's Photo Post Type
- Design & IllustrationQuick Tip: Group/Ungroup vs. Combine/Break Apart in InkscapeDifficulty:BeginnerCompletion Time:Quick
- Web DesignTumblr Theme Operators and Variables