In this tutorial we'll cover a procedural reveal effect made completely with After Effects' built in toolset.
This is a versatile effect which is great for logo & text reveals or transitions. I'll also explain a few extra ways we can use the organic burn & edge maps we've created to enhance your work.
I’m a motion designer from Swan Hill, Australia. I mainly work in broadcast design but love creating motion templates, Visual FX and 3d in my spare time. Besides family, this is my number one passion in life.more…
- CodeInspecting iOS Applications with RevealDifficulty:BeginnerCompletion Time:Short
- 3D & Motion GraphicsTuts+ Hollywood Movie Titles Series: Mr. NobodyDifficulty:IntermediateCompletion Time:Short
- 3D & Motion GraphicsWindy Desert Sand Logo RevealDifficulty:IntermediateCompletion Time:Short
- 3D & Motion GraphicsMake a Beautiful Bubbling Particle RevealDifficulty:IntermediateCompletion Time:MediumIn this tutorial we will be creating a customizable particle reveal using Trapcode Particular. We will be using various instances of Particular in different ways both as Layer Emitters and as Luma Mattes - as well as setting up particles to inherit their color based on their layer emitter. Finally, once we set everything up, I'll show how you can easily swap out your base image and the effect will automatically update based on these new layers.Read More…
- 3D & Motion GraphicsTuts+ Hollywood Movie Titles Series: PhantomDifficulty:BeginnerCompletion Time:QuickToday we're going to be looking at the animation style of the film "Phantom" using only After Effects. We'll focus on how to draw the classic radar design with a small and simple trick. We will see how to obtain the flickering effect and blur circle on the logo as we wrap up with the oxygen bubbles that rise to the surface and a light rays that reveal portions of the radar symbol.Read More…
- 3D & Motion GraphicsTuts+ Hollywood Movie Title Series: The Lone RangerDifficulty:IntermediateCompletion Time:Quick