About the Author
- CodeBuild Missile Command with Sprite Kit: Project SetupDifficulty:IntermediateCompletion Time:MediumIn this tutorial, you'll learn how to use Apple's Sprite Kit framework to recreate a Missile Command game for the iPad. Along the way, you'll learn more about several core concepts such as, sprites, touches, physics, collisions, and explosions. The goal of the second tutorial is to add physics, collisions, and explosions. The second tutorial also expands the game experience by adding a multi-player mode.Read More…
- Design & IllustrationCreate a Simple, Owl, Tote Design in Illustrator for Hot Foil PrintingDifficulty:IntermediateCompletion Time:LongDo you know what can make the grocery shopping more fun? A customized tote bag with your very own design! By owning a super-cool printed tote you are also contributing to environmental protection. So, there are two major benefits of having one! In this tutorial I am going to show you how to create and prepare a design for hot foil print on a simple tote bag.Read More…
- Crafts & DIYHappy Christmas!
- Game Development15+ Analyses, Post Mortems, and Game Design DocsYou can't beat learning from personal experience... but learning from someone else's experience is often less painful. In this post, I've collated some of my favourite post mortems, game design documents, and design analyses for mainstream games, from Mario, Sonic, and Zelda to MGS2, The Sims Social, and Portal.Read More…
- 3D & Motion GraphicsHow to Use the Linear Function ExpressionDifficulty:IntermediateCompletion Time:Quick
- 3D & Motion GraphicsMake a Beautiful Bubbling Particle RevealDifficulty:IntermediateCompletion Time:MediumIn this tutorial we will be creating a customizable particle reveal using Trapcode Particular. We will be using various instances of Particular in different ways both as Layer Emitters and as Luma Mattes - as well as setting up particles to inherit their color based on their layer emitter. Finally, once we set everything up, I'll show how you can easily swap out your base image and the effect will automatically update based on these new layers.Read More…