In this tutorial we'll be creating a White Box which will allow you to take awesome close up photos in a seamless "Matrix-like" space. There is plenty of information on the web on how to create a White Box so I don't claim to have "come up with" this idea. All that's important to me is that it's in front of your eyes now so this can be an option for your future projects. Enjoy!
Every few weeks, we revisit some of our reader's favorite posts from throughout the history of the site. This tutorial was first published in July of 2010.
File size 133MB
- Design & IllustrationCreate a Fabulous Nail Polish Text Effect in Adobe IllustratorDifficulty:IntermediateCompletion Time:Medium
- Design & IllustrationCreate the Captain America Shield Icon in Adobe IllustratorDifficulty:BeginnerCompletion Time:Medium
- Design & IllustrationCreate an Address Book Icon in PhotoshopDifficulty:BeginnerCompletion Time:MediumIn this tutorial, I will show you how to create an address book icon using Adobe Photoshop. I will begin by explaining how to set up a simple grid, and how to take full advantage of the Snap to Grid feature. Next, I will explain how to create a set of simple vector shapes and how to color them using basic Layer Style attributes and some Photoshop pattern presets. Finally, I will show you how to add subtle shading and highlights using basic blending techniques and simple effects. Let's get started!Read More…
- Design & IllustrationCreate a Magazine Cover, Inner Spread With Mock-Ups in Adobe InDesignDifficulty:AdvancedCompletion Time:Long
- Design & IllustrationHow to Create a Hand-Drawn Pointillism PortraitPointillism is an incredible drawing technique that allows you to create a very detailed portrait with only dots. Since you're using dots instead of lines, you don't have to worry about making someone look overly wrinkled or drawing a line wrong. Pointillism or stippling is the simple act of dotting ink onto paper and in this lesson we're going to use it to make a beautiful portrait.Read More…
- Design & IllustrationDanger! Danger! High Voltage! Create an Electric Text Effect in IllustratorDifficulty:BeginnerCompletion Time:LongIn the following steps you will learn how to create an electricity text effect in Adobe Illustrator. For starters you will learn how to setup a simple grid and how to create a pretty simple pattern brush and a bunch of thin art brushes. Next, using a free font and taking full advantage of the Appearance panel you will learn how to create the main text shapes. Moving on, you will learn how to save your own graphic styles and how to cleverly use them. Using the brushes made in the beginning of the tutorial you will learn how to add a few wires and some simple electricity sparks. Finally, using basic blending techniques along with some radial gradients you will learn how to add a darker look for the overall illustration. Read More…