It's amazing how much pseudo-3D you can do in After Effects today. This tutorial will focus on using a new plugin that brings 3D bicubic deformations to layers that allows you to truly bend and twist layers in 3D space. If you are familiar with 3D packages, this is true displacement as opposed to just bump mapping.
Every few weeks, we revisit some of our reader's favorite posts from throughout the history of the site. This tutorial was first published in March of 2009.
File size: 470 MB
From Audio Jungle.
- Design & IllustrationQuick Tip: Using Layers and Blend Modes in InkscapeDifficulty:BeginnerCompletion Time:Quick
- Design & IllustrationCreate a High-Gloss, Bubble Gum Text Effect in PhotoshopDifficulty:AdvancedCompletion Time:LongWhen combined with the right techniques, the Pen Tool in Photoshop is an incredibly powerful tool to help you create your artwork. In this tutorial, I will show you how to create a glossy, bubble gum text effect using a combination of Photoshop's Pen Tool and Layer Styles. Let's get started!Read More…
- 3D & Motion GraphicsWelcome to After Effects: 3D, Tracking, and StabilizationDifficulty:BeginnerCompletion Time:MediumThis 10-part series has been designed to help anyone starting out in the world of After Effects. In this episode, we'll take a look at the built-in 3D capabilities of the application. We will learn how to create lights, cameras, and 3D layers. We'll also learn how to use Depth-of-Field and how to apply 3D-specific effects. And finally we'll explore Motion Tracking, Footage Stabilization, and 3D Camera Tracking. Enjoy...Read More…
- 3D & Motion GraphicsBuild Me Some Hope: Creating a Working Jaw Using AE 3D LayersDifficulty:AdvancedCompletion Time:Short
- 3D & Motion GraphicsHow to Create Photo Realistic Branded Product MockupsDifficulty:IntermediateCompletion Time:Short
- Design & IllustrationCreate a 1980s Inspired 3D Text Effect in PhotoshopDifficulty:IntermediateCompletion Time:Long