In this tutorial, you'll learn how to create a nice looking, glossy 3D smartphone battery icon using Cinema 4D. You'll start by creating the battery model using some simple parametric primitives and then learn how to create some shaders to make it look nice and shiny. Finally, you'll learn how to light the scene and render things out.
Additional Files/ Plugins:
- HDRI Studio Pack (GreyScaleGorilla) (Optional)
Note: Click the 'Box' icon to view the tutorial in full-screen HD.
Use the link below to download this tutorial for offline viewing.
We’ve published a few related tutorials you might also be interested in:
Author: Stefan Surmabojov. I'm a 21 years old motion graphics designer from Bulgaria. I have 3 years of professional experience behind my back. Most of my time I spend working for a small TV company. In my spare time I work as a freelancer and create video tutorials and After Effects templates for Envato.more…
- 3D & Motion GraphicsRecreate the Logo Opening for DC ComicsDifficulty:IntermediateCompletion Time:Short
- 3D & Motion GraphicsCreate a Dynamic Valentine's Day Animation in Cinema 4DDifficulty:IntermediateCompletion Time:MediumIn this tutorial we are going to create a cool looking 3D animation for Valentine's day. Starting off in illustrator, we will quickly create a heart shape and then jump into Cinema 4D to setup the animation using some dynamic simulations, add materials to the scene, render the animation and export it. Finally we will move into After Effects to composite the piece, and make it look sexy and finished by adding motion blur, particles, flares and color correction.Read More…
- 3D & Motion GraphicsCreate an Animated Holiday-themed BackgroundDifficulty:IntermediateCompletion Time:MediumIn this holiday-themed tutorial, you'll learn how to create a great looking animated winter background of falling snow. Starting in illustrator, you'll prepare the snowflake vector shapes and export them into Cinema 4D. Where you'll extrude and animate the snowflakes before rendering. From there it's into After Effects, where you'll harness the power of Particular to create falling snow and composite the elements together.Read More…
- 3D & Motion GraphicsCreate a Cool Disco-Themed Animated Intro: Part 3Difficulty:IntermediateCompletion Time:Long
- 3D & Motion GraphicsCreate a Cool Disco-Themed Animated Intro: Part 2Difficulty:IntermediateCompletion Time:Long
- 3D & Motion GraphicsCreate and Composite Animated Bullet Shell Casings: CG PartDifficulty:IntermediateCompletion Time:LongIn this two part tutorial, you'll learn how to create a cool shell casing animation using Illustrator, Cinema 4D and After Effects. You'll learn how to model a simple bullet shell casing using splines, match a 3D scene to a background plate, and use dynamics to animate multiple shell casings falling into the scene. You'll then add lighting and setup multi-pass rendering in preparation for the second part, where you'll learn how to composite the 3D elements into the original background plate using After Effects, and modify the individual passes to achieve a high level of realism.Read More…