In this tutorial, we're going to take the Newton plugin created by Motion Boutique and use it to create a rigid body character in After Effects. Newton is a 2D physics simulator that allows users to apply various simulations like gravity, collision, and bounce to their layers in After Effects.
We'll start with the basic principles of how Newton works and how to setup a character rig using it. Next we'll dive into various case studies demonstrating different ways to use the character rig for your animations.
File size: 230.1 MB
- 3D & Motion GraphicsAutomate an Easy Cartoon Character TransitionDifficulty:IntermediateCompletion Time:Medium
- 3D & Motion GraphicsBuild Me Some Hope: Create A Facial Rig For Your PuppetDifficulty:AdvancedCompletion Time:Quick
- 3D & Motion GraphicsBuild Me Some Hope: Displacement Maps For Use With FreeFormDifficulty:AdvancedCompletion Time:Short
- 3D & Motion GraphicsCreate Physically Accurate Strings Using NewtonDifficulty:IntermediateCompletion Time:MediumIn this tutorial, I'll show you how to create physically accurate ropes as we make use of the new "Joints" option in Newton 2. We will be testing out various physical parameters for different objects and we'll solve the different problems that may pop up during the simulation. So fire up After Effects and let's get started!Read More…
- 3D & Motion GraphicsCreating an Advanced Multi-Character Rig for Futurama's Bender in Maya - Part 2Difficulty:AdvancedCompletion Time:LongIn this tutorial series from Shaun Keenan of MZP Studios, you'll learn how to create an advanced multi-character rig for Futurama's Bender. Shaun will show you how to create a truly versatile and production friendly rig in Maya capable of a staggering set of options and a huge amount of control. Built inside this rig are various options for not only Bender's wide range of movements, but options to change between various levels of mesh detail and materials on the fly, providing a wide assortment of helpful and innovative tools for animators to do their job right!Read More…
- 3D & Motion GraphicsIntroduction to the New Features in Newton 2Difficulty:IntermediateCompletion Time:ShortThis is an introduction to the new features of Newton 2. Newton is a 2D physics simulator that allows users to apply various simulations like gravity, collision, and bounce to their layers in After Effects. We're going to work through a few scenarios to see how to set up and execute a simulation.Read More…