Start a hosting plan from $3.92/mo and get a free year on Tuts+ (normally $180)
In day 2 Lloyd finishes the tutorial and shows how to use scripts to split up and animate a logo into hundreds of pieces. He also adds the finishing touches including an alternate ending not shown in the preview. Even though scripts might be perceived as advanced tools, this tutorial aims to shatter this myth and guarantees you will feel comfortable using scripts to help automate and improve the speed of your work.
You can watch Day 1 of this tutorial here
RSS readers: click post title to view preview video at AETUTS.
Instructions: Click 'View Full-screen' button (bottom right corner) to see this HD tutorial at maximum size. Click screen to pause, click again to play.
Scripts used in this tutorial
First watch this tutorial on how to install and run scripts in After Effects
Then download and install these scripts:
1. 3D Text Creator Script (download 3D_text_creator_from_file.jsx)
2. 3D Layer Distributor Script (download 3D_text_creator_from_file.jsx)
3. Random Layer Shifter Script (download LayerRandomShifter 1.1)
4. Shift Selected Layers Script (download pt_ShiftLayers_v2.0.zip)
5. rd_KindaSorta Script (download rd_KindaSorta_v1.2.zip)
6. rd_Slicer Script (download rd_Slicer_v2.0.zip)