In part 2 of Shaun Keenan's rigging series for Maya. You'll continue building the controls for the Flower, this includes tying the rig together, rigging the tongue, adding stretchy limb functionality to the stems, creating the vast amount of connections needed for the petal's to function correctly, and finalizing the overall rig controls.
Built inside this rig are various options for not only the flowers range of movements, but options to change between various levels of mesh detail, stretchy limbs on the fly, and and awesome facial rig with a wide assortment of helpful and innovative tools for animators to do their job right!
Additional Files/ Plugins:
Video 1 - Tying the Rig Together
Video 2 - Rigging the Tongue
Video 3 - Creating Stretchy Stems
Video 4 - Petal Connections
Video 5 - Petal Connections 2
Video 6 - Final Connections
We’ve published a few related tutorials you might also be interested in:
- Sculpt, UV Map, Texture & Rig a ‘Little Big Planet’ Inspired Bunny using ZBrush & Maya
- Creating an Advanced Multi-Character Rig for Futurama’s Bender in Maya
- Rigging A Voodoo Doll Character In Maya Using Setup Machine & Face Machine
- Building A Complete Human Character Rig In Maya – Tuts+ Premium
- Complete Human Character Rig In 3D Studio Max – Tuts+ Premium
- Building a Complete Human Facial Rig In 3D Studio Max – Tuts+ Premium