In this Basix tutorial, we will be looking at beginner methods of modeling an object in 3ds Max. First, we will touch quickly on the subjects of viewport navigation and primitive creation, and then look deeper into editing meshes using a few of the most commonly used poly modeling tools.
Additional Files/ Plugins:
- Download the Reference Materials for this tutorial
- Download 3ds Max Hotkey List
Note: click the 'Monitor' icon to view tutorial in full-screen HD.
- 3D & Motion GraphicsQuick & Easy Pillars in 3ds MaxDifficulty:BeginnerCompletion Time:Short
- 3D & Motion GraphicsWorking with OBJ Sequences in Element 3DDifficulty:AdvancedCompletion Time:QuickIn this tutorial, we are going to look at using OBJ sequences with Element 3D. We'll examine how to export OBJ sequences out of 3DS Max, as well as motion blur limitations, and other quick tips. We'll also take a look at how we can create our own basic physics animations in 3DS Max.Read More…
- 3D & Motion GraphicsTuts+ Hollywood Movie Titles Series: The Hunger Games: Catching FireDifficulty:IntermediateCompletion Time:ShortIn this tutorial, we're going to be recreating the title animation style of the movie . We will make this incredible fiery title style using Cinema 4D for the modeling and animation of the logo. In After Effects we will look at a compositing technique to obtain this epic 3D logo. Second, we'll build our own fire using Trapcode Form for an impactful final result.Read More…
- 3D & Motion GraphicsCreate a Cool Disco-Themed Animated Intro: Part 3Difficulty:IntermediateCompletion Time:Long
- 3D & Motion GraphicsCreate a Cool Disco-Themed Animated Intro: Part 2Difficulty:IntermediateCompletion Time:Long
- 3D & Motion GraphicsCreate a Cool Disco-Themed Animated Intro: Part 1Difficulty:IntermediateCompletion Time:LongIn this new series from brothers Andrew and Stefan Surmabojov, you'll learn how to create an interesting and totally unique disco-themed animation. In the first three parts, you'll model the virtual set in 3D Studio Max with Andrew and then move into Cinema 4D in later lessons, where you'll utilize C4D's tight integration with After Effects to create textures and materials for the scene. Stefan will then guide you through the animation and texturing process in preparation for final compositing in After Effects.Read More…