We spend so much time trying to
make footage look old... but what if your footage already is old? I guess you'd have to color it then, right? That, and take junk out. So here's a basic tut to walk through how it can be done.
- Core Training Value: In this tutorial we will take a black and white scene and convert it to color and we will also be doing some object removal.
- Difficulty: Beginner
File size 150MB
About Jay H
I've been working in the VFX and video editing business for the last 5 years. After Effects is my weapon of choice.View Full Profile+ Expand Bio- Collapse Bio
- 3D & Motion GraphicsHow to Make a Hoax Video More BelievableDifficulty:IntermediateCompletion Time:Short
- PhotographyHow to Colorize a Black and White PhotoDifficulty:BeginnerCompletion Time:Short
- 3D & Motion GraphicsCreate Fantasy Clouds with 3ds Max & AfterburnDifficulty:IntermediateCompletion Time:Medium
- 3D & Motion GraphicsBuild and Composite Fractured Concrete into Live Action FootageDifficulty:IntermediateCompletion Time:MediumIn this tutorial you'll learn how to create and composite 3D elements into live action footage using SynthEyes, 3D Studio Max and After Effects. You'll learn how to track live action footage in SynthEyes, model destruction in Max, create debris with Particle Flow and how to composite it all together in After Effects.Read More…
- 3D & Motion GraphicsWelcome to After Effects: 3D, Tracking, and StabilizationDifficulty:BeginnerCompletion Time:MediumThis 10-part series has been designed to help anyone starting out in the world of After Effects. In this episode, we'll take a look at the built-in 3D capabilities of the application. We will learn how to create lights, cameras, and 3D layers. We'll also learn how to use Depth-of-Field and how to apply 3D-specific effects. And finally we'll explore Motion Tracking, Footage Stabilization, and 3D Camera Tracking. Enjoy...Read More…
- 3D & Motion GraphicsWelcome to After Effects: Color CorrectionDifficulty:BeginnerCompletion Time:ShortThis 10-part series has been designed to help anyone starting out in the world of After Effects. In this episode, we'll take a look at color correction. We will explore blending modes and how to brighten and darken footage. We'll learn how to create vignettes and how to use them for creative focus. We will also take a look at adjustment layers and how to color correct staggered layers in the timeline. Enjoy...Read More…