This relaxed tutorial will teach users how to work seamlessly between RealFlow4 and a 3D package (3ds Max 2008). It will cover how to create fluid and rigid body simulations, import and export SD files, initial states, mesh filters, 3d modeling and much much more.
Every few weeks, we revisit some of our reader's favorite posts from throughout the history of the site. This tutorial was first published in September of 2009.
Final Effect Preview
Note: click the 'Monitor' icon to view tutorial in full-screen HD.
- 3D & Motion GraphicsAccurate Green Screen Shadows and Camera MovesDifficulty:AdvancedCompletion Time:Medium
- 3D & Motion GraphicsQuick Tip: Get a 2D Look Using Element 3DDifficulty:BeginnerCompletion Time:Quick
- Game DevelopmentDesigning 3D Environments: Lights, Camera, Polygons? Action!Difficulty:IntermediateCompletion Time:MediumThe jump from 2D to 3D isn't just big—it's trans-dimensional! 3D can be daunting, but let's try to ease the painful transition with a solid game plan for getting your game ideas into a 3D space. We're not covering the specifics of creating 3D objects here, but we will be discussing tips for putting these into a game scene and getting the most out of them visually and in play.Read More…
- Design & IllustrationComprehensive Guide to Working With Video in Photoshop: 3D AnimationsDifficulty:IntermediateCompletion Time:Quick3D modeling and animation can be a bit intimidating for some users. You might be surprised to hear however that 3D animation is easier than you think. In this tutorial, we will show you how to create a 3D animated coin in Photoshop using its 3D and Timeline features. Let's get started!Read More…
- 3D & Motion GraphicsWelcome to After Effects: 3D, Tracking, and StabilizationDifficulty:BeginnerCompletion Time:MediumThis 10-part series has been designed to help anyone starting out in the world of After Effects. In this episode, we'll take a look at the built-in 3D capabilities of the application. We will learn how to create lights, cameras, and 3D layers. We'll also learn how to use Depth-of-Field and how to apply 3D-specific effects. And finally we'll explore Motion Tracking, Footage Stabilization, and 3D Camera Tracking. Enjoy...Read More…
- 3D & Motion GraphicsOptimizing Models to Use in Element 3DDifficulty:IntermediateCompletion Time:Short