This tutorial shows how to use sophisticated channel operations to achieve a more accurate spill suppression result than is attainable with AE's default plug-ins.
Since initially recording this tutorial, Daniel was inspired by your feedback to create a new After Effects plug-in to make spill suppression easier. Check out the plug-in and tutorial.
File size: 104 MB
File size: 105.2 MB
Daniel Broadway is a professional graphic designer working at an NBC affiliate as Graphics Director. He is also a freelance visual effects artist and compositor, having worked as visual effects supervisor on two independent feature films "20 Years After.", and most recently "A Lonely Place for Dying."more…
- 3D & Motion GraphicsComposite a Realistic Laser Beam Security System: Parts 3 & 4Difficulty:AdvancedCompletion Time:Quick
- 3D & Motion GraphicsComposite a Realistic Laser Beam Security System: Parts 1 & 2Difficulty:AdvancedCompletion Time:Quick
- 3D & Motion GraphicsTips on Getting the Most From Element 3DDifficulty:IntermediateCompletion Time:Quick
- 3D & Motion GraphicsThe Woes of Greenscreen and Bluescreen: Part 2Difficulty:IntermediateCompletion Time:ShortThis is the conclusion to The Woes of Greenscreen and Bluescreen: Part 1. In this tutorial, we'll be looking at the same examples as the previous post as we address a couple different techniques to pulling better keys and tips on how to prevent problems. We'll also give a small introduction to Primatte Keyer.Read More…
- 3D & Motion GraphicsCreating Meshing 3D Gears with Expressions in After EffectsDifficulty:IntermediateCompletion Time:Short
- 3D & Motion GraphicsMore Advanced Spill Suppression and Keying Tips with Spill SlayerDifficulty:IntermediateCompletion Time:ShortThis tutorial is a continuation of sorts to the Advanced Spill Suppression Methods covered on Aetuts+ previously. We'll take a look at a few basic, and maybe not so well known greenscreen tips, plus look at a new spill suppression plug-in, Spill Slayer, inspired by user feedback from the previous spill tutorial.Read More…