Today our sister site, Aetuts+, is continuing their Aetuts+ Hollywood Movie Title Series. This tutorial will explain how to make the “Inception V2″ flying logo, using Cinema 4D v12 and After Effects. First, we’ll be modeling a logo fracture with Mograph . Then we’ll follow in After Effects, compositing everything together.
Ben has over a decade of experience in the computer graphics field and although he's primarily a hard surface modeler, he's also experienced in the fields of UVMapping, Texturing, Lighting and Rendering. Ben currently co-edits Cgtuts+ along with his brother Chris, and has authored over sixty hours of real-time tutorial content for the site, focusing mainly on 3d Studio Max and hard surface modeling. Along side 3D Studio Max, Ben's has experience with VRay, FumeFX, ZBrush, Mudbox, Mari, PTex, Photoshop, xNormal, UVLayout, Forest Pack Pro and After Effects. You can check out Ben's website to see more of his work.more…
- 3D & Motion GraphicsRecreate the Logo Opening for DC ComicsDifficulty:IntermediateCompletion Time:Short
- 3D & Motion GraphicsTechniques for Debugging After Effects ExpressionsDifficulty:AdvancedCompletion Time:Medium
- 3D & Motion GraphicsTuts+ Hollywood Movie Titles Series: The Hunger Games: Catching FireDifficulty:IntermediateCompletion Time:ShortIn this tutorial, we're going to be recreating the title animation style of the movie . We will make this incredible fiery title style using Cinema 4D for the modeling and animation of the logo. In After Effects we will look at a compositing technique to obtain this epic 3D logo. Second, we'll build our own fire using Trapcode Form for an impactful final result.Read More…
- 3D & Motion GraphicsBuild Me Some Hope: Control Facial Expressions with Custom SlidersDifficulty:AdvancedCompletion Time:Quick
- 3D & Motion GraphicsBuild a Shattering Cinematic Title OpenerDifficulty:IntermediateCompletion Time:Short
- 3D & Motion GraphicsCreate a Powerful Groundbreaking Logo Reveal - CG PartDifficulty:IntermediateCompletion Time:Medium