In today's quick-tip tutorial, Ben Henry walks us through the process of pelt-mapping a turkey-leg in 3Ds Max. An incredibly useful tool when UV unwrapping organic meshes, pelt-mapping is an often-forgotten technique that can really speed up your workflow! Let's take a look...
Additional Files/ Plugins:
Note: click the 'Monitor' icon to view tutorial in full-screen HD.
- Web DesignHow to Add Branded Branch Locations to Google MapsDifficulty:IntermediateCompletion Time:Medium
- 3D & Motion GraphicsCreate a Game Ready Fire Extinguisher with 3D Studio Max: Part 4Difficulty:IntermediateCompletion Time:Medium
- 3D & Motion GraphicsMythical Character Creation in Modo: Part 1Difficulty:BeginnerCompletion Time:LongIn our first series for Modo with a focus on character creation, 3D artist Thomasz Lechociński will take you through the entire process of creating a detailed stylized character as you learn to model, UV Map, texture, pose and render Hern, the mythical forest god from Celtic legend.Read More…
- CodeWorking With LESS and the Chrome DevToolsDifficulty:BeginnerCompletion Time:Quick
- 3D & Motion GraphicsOptimizing Models to Use in Element 3DDifficulty:IntermediateCompletion Time:Short
- 3D & Motion GraphicsCreate a Portal Below Crumbling PavementDifficulty:AdvancedCompletion Time:ShortIn this tutorial, we are going to learn how to project a texture from your live action footage on to geometry created with After Effects' built in Shatter plug-in. We are then going to go over how to make a custom shatter map and gradient to give you the maximum amount of control possible when working with this plug-in.Read More…