- Quick Tip: What The Heck Is A Hex Value Anyway?
- Working in a Collaborative Group EnvironmentAs a professional designer for five years, I have learned a few things about the industry, but none are as important as the following: Understanding how to work within collaborative groups is absolutely essential to creating great work, and advancing your career. Group dynamics obviously depend on the type of place you work at. I have now tried both sides of the spectrum (in-house and agency) and while they are totally different, the concept of working within groups is still relevant. Today, I will be sharing a collaborative project that we have recently completed at my current place of employment, Huffy Bicycles.Read More…
- What Should Be In Every Designer's Portfolio (but probably isn't)
- Creative Illustrative Lettering Challenge - Part 2This session we proposed a challenge to two illustrators. We asked each of them to take our own "tuts+" brand name and illustrate it with a creative lettering solution. Learn how each of them went about solving this, and the concepts they worked with to bring about the final work. In this Part 2 of this challenge, we'll look at Jacob Bian's solution and how he uses figures, motion and depth within a 3D scene, to transform this brief into a creative work of art.Read More…
- Anatomy & Drawing Books by Andrew Loomis